Odds dropped ! Cash out? Or remain it

Hi
I placed a bet at odd 1.65
After 45 mins odd significantly dropped to 1.45. Checked value becoming -4.6% . Should i cashed out? As there is no value
Tia

No!
That means that you managed to get higher odds than the event is currently valued at.
If you would place the bet at 1.45 there is negative value but at 1.65 (which you placed at) there is positive value.

1 Like

Wrong mate. i placed a bet at 1.65 , if odd dropped to 1.45 , i have negative expected value

Exactly you placed the bet at 1.65 with a +EV. If you win the bet you will be paid out at 1.65 not 1.45. This is what you hope happens to every bet. You want the bet to go to lower odds AFTER you have placed your bet.

2 Likes

No mate, that’s beating the closing line, if odds drop after betting; good EV. If odds increase after betting: ev reduces

Ev reduced, should cash out?? Lol

2 Likes

Look mate, let me just put this in order for you; the cash out feature on bookmakers wasn’t designed to help you, it was designed to do quite the opposite ie make them money. There was this guy i read about who would have access to a teams current lineups for a match before it was published for the bookmakers to create/adjust odds on, I can’t really remember word for word what he did but in summary; 1. Know team lineups, 2. Place his bet, 3. wait for odds to drop/adjust significantly, 4. Cash out. He was literally making money with even playing the games(he got banned in the end) that’s not the point though " cash out wasn’t designed to help you" softs don’t operate on that model of giving out edges like that, cash out is a calculated risk by the bookie… anyways use it wisely and do more research.

1 Like