2 months of Rebel, £7000 profit :)

I’m only using one set of accounts, so this was a one-time hit n run for me (pretty much all of my accounts are heavily restricted now). This money will really make a big difference for me in these difficult times, so huge thanks to the Rebel crew for making this windfall possible!

Rebel stats

6 Likes

Well done!

1 Like

Congratulations! And thank you too. We are so glad that you wanted to share your fantastic result in the community.

Best regards, from the whole RB team!

1 Like

Hi Janssen! Congratulations :slight_smile:

May I ask for some information?

What bookies did you use?

What settings did you use?

What was your stake and starting bank roll?

Did you take all bets or specific ones?

Hi, thanks!

What bookies did you use?
You can see the main ones I used underneath the graph above. I also used 7 other bookies that I didn’t include in the screenshot because I got restricted very quickly with those. Although at 888Sport I did manage to make £744 in 92 bets :slight_smile: For the first week or two that I used a new bookie I would have ‘Hide low tier’ ticked, while I got used to the betting interface for that bookie, but I probably should have just gone in hard with low tier straight away. Once I’d started including low tier bets with a bookie, I would just go as hard as possible, placing as many bets as I could before I got restricted.
EDIT: I should add that some of these accounts were a couple of years old, so that may have helped me stay under the radar for longer.

I dabbled with Smarkets but in the end I decided not to pursue value betting with exchanges, as I really don’t know what my edge is there (or if I even have one!) I read the Rebel advice on using sharp bookies and decided to stick to the soft bookies. It’s one thing to experience downswings when you know you have a decent edge, but it’s a whole other thing to experience downswings when you don’t know what your edge is.

What settings did you use?
Pretty standard settings (see pic below). For the first month I was just using a flat bet size of £25 because I thought this would make me less conspicuous with the bookies, but I think this was a mistake and just increased the variance. After the first month I started using the Kelly stake sizing suggested by Rebel, with a max bet size of £40 (using rounding to the nearest £5). For ‘Time to match start’ I would have it set to somewhere between 12 hours and 36 hours depending on the day of the week and how many bets were coming through.

What was your stake and starting bank roll?
I had about £3500 to play with but I set my bankroll to £2500, to play it safe. So although my bankroll in Rebel was set to £2500, I would sometimes have over £4000 in open bets. I didn’t adjust bet sizing for open bets, and I never adjusted my bankroll size.

Did you take all bets or specific ones?
All bets, all sports! My only criteria was value %, and time to match start. The minimum value % I’d take was 3.5%, but only if it was starting in the next hour. If it was starting in 24 hours’ time then I’d want over 5%.

For Leovegas the odds are usually messed up in Rebel (at least for me in the UK they were). So you need to manually input the actual odds into Rebel, once you’ve got the bet open in Leo and see the real odds. Once you’ve inputted the actual odds, you will usually see that the bet in question is no longer a value bet. However, if you have a separate filter set up for Leovegas, and have this filter set to only show bets that are over 9% value, then they will still usually be good value bets even after you have inputted the actual odds.

2 Likes

Wow thanks for the detailed reply Janssen!

I only did value betting for a few months back in 2022 and turned £200 into £1000

I was doing about 80 bets a day and I never got restricted. It was all on bet365 and for every 100 I added 1 to my stake so at 800 I was doing 8 stakes and 900 I did £9 stakes etc.

I plan to start again soon and I have 3 accounts so I will try to bets £5 across all sites so it would be a £15 stake in total but just spread across 3 sites. I would suggest you to do this as well across multiple bookies if possible because of the varying odds but hopefully that can give you some ideas