First 24 hrs...7 bets... 3 bookie restrictions....is this normal?

Hi guys. As the title said, i have only been doing this 24 hrs and put on 7 bets… 3 with Bwin, 4 with 10bet, and zero with Sportingbet. And all 3 restricted me to mere pennies. Naturally that’s pretty demoralising and don’t see any future beyond next week as i will have run out of bookies at this rate!
So i’m trying to figure out why. My stakes were £35. Possible reasons:

1/ Followed the link to the site. Do people follow the link?
2/ Cookies…they see you have bet on other betting sites.
3/ The fact i have been restricted from several other bookies in the past when i was making a profit on horse racing. They share a data base on info on restricted punters.

Any feedback or suggestions would really appreciated. :slight_smile:

J

There are only a few major odds providers to most of the soft bookies (SBTech and Kambi). And yes, you get limited on one the others will follow very fast.
Your questions:
1/ Followed the link to the site. Do people follow the link?
Yes it can be done. Unknown if they do it. Why would you even give them that possibility. Use a different browser for the RB community and another for betting.
2/ Cookies…they see you have bet on other betting sites.
For sure. ALWAYS use private/incognito mode.
3/ The fact i have been restricted from several other bookies in the past when i was making a profit on horse racing.
Yupp, that can impact. They do not care what event it was
4/ They share a data base on info on restricted punters.
Nah. Do not think there is a global conspiracy. It is possible but that is not required.

2 Likes

Really appreciate you taking time to reply. Regarding using the link to the sight- i meant when the bet is suggested, do ppl click on the ‘bet’ button that takes them to the bookies page or do they manually go across to the page? My only problem with the latter, is it takes to long and the odds have gone by the time you get over there.

If you click on the bet button, no referrer headers are sent to the bookmakers, which means that they don’t know where you’re coming from.

Your browser fingerprint is probably unique though, even if you use an incognito browser: AmIUnique

2 Likes