Limited - after very few bets with small stakes!

Hi there!

I was really surprised yesterday when I realised that Unibet has limited me, after just two weeks of betting there. Surpised because of the lack of volume and the low stakes.
Down below is my entire betting history fram day one til limitation. Note that the amounts are in swedish kronor, so you can divide them by ten to get an approximate amount in euros.

I guess that some bets in obscure leagues and sports might cause suspicion, but still - I´ve mixed it up somewhat with non-profitable livebets so why is this happening?

Just a thought - what if some betting companys created accounts here? Not only will the be able to identify bets coming from Valuebetting - they would also be able to read this.

This really doesn´t feel good. I have 8 different bookies and I can afford to lose Unibet, but if it happens to Bet365 and several others it would spell long run disaster.

When a bet pops up in the VB section hundreds/thousands of people will place the bet more or less simultaneously. The betting companies system will pick this up and they will adjust the odds or stop the market for a while to adjust it. They don’t need an account on rebel or any other similar sites :slight_smile:

There´s a big difference between adjusting odds (happens every second) and limiting the player, though.

I replied more to this:

” Just a thought - what if some betting companys created accounts here? Not only will the be able to identify bets coming from Valuebetting - they would also be able to read this.”

There is a lot of things involved in limiting an account or not.
Your betting pattern, which leagues/sports you bet on and how much value you are taking out from the bookmaker.
If your account can be traced to some other account on another betting site from the same group. Etc etc.

The bookies now when they are overpriced (chance for a value bet) or not. They are not stupid and they have decades of data to analyze and build models around it.

Betting on obscure leagues and sports and or taking too much value out of the bookmaker is begging to be limited and/or gubbed.

The bookmakers are not a charity institution, they exist to make a profit and they know which players are profitable or not. (If this is ethical is a whole new story)