Statistically significant bad results?

One thing that could really help me is if you let me know if my sample on Bet365 is +EV based on the closing line. If I’m consistently beating the closing line on Pinncacle/Betfair then I guess it is just an issue of variance but if not then I can make adjustments to improve my closing line winning %.

You’re beating the closing line 86% of the time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you pls check if im beating the closing line? For almost 3 month im just losing.

88.3% of all your bets beat the closing line. Your profits have been going sideways the last months, which is always annoying. But on the other hand you greatly overperformed the second half of Sep!
Profits with closing line value:

Yo, having the worst month ever, November ends -200 dollars and now, December, after 67 bets I am already at -318 dollars, so almost everyday losing. Is that normal?, I mean, is not just that 67 bets, since November (838 bets) I am not having any profit. I did not change anything (settings). Really disappointed :frowning:

So my settings are Value 1.5%-100%, Odds 1.5-6.00 but I keep my odd avrg close to 2.00, bet almost everything and <7 hours match time start, all recommended settings.

I have about 16.5k bets. Previous months, good and great results… but…
Around the 3rd week of october there was a problem with the software.
I did not point it here because it only last a couple of days.
The problem was: in the main window, the VALUE COLUMS showed NEGATIVE numbers, but when I opened the bet, it showed positive results. I thought 1 of the 2 numbers were wrong, so I betted anyway.
BUT, since that problem, my graphic curve is only descendind. I am not talking about ups and downs, I am talking about just downs. More than 1 month now, I am seeing a drop of 15% in my profit.
Maybe it is a bad streak, maybe the bookies I used this past month were horrible: sportingbet, 365, bethart, bettson, bethard, leo vegas…
I don´t know, but 15% in one month is kinda weird.

I used to had good results, but at the end of November until now I have nothing but downswings, seems I am not the only one. Maybe the software is facing an issue or something, I can’t believe I am loosing almost everyday, and I have two more months but at this point probably I will lose all of my money hahahahaha.

Yep it seems something happened In october. My curve have just gone downwards ever since. Down 35% since the peak of nice 29.000 sek profit somewhere in early october. Was at 6% yield now 1.9%. Just doesnt feel like i have an edge anymore. Maybe just constantly bad luck. Or maybe 365 is the problem.

The software is broken. Stop loss? hahaha

Thats normal tho, i was at yield - 30% after several hundreds of bets.

Yep, but my last 800 bets were the same :frowning:

I don´t know.
My curve is going down in a pace as the EV curve, smoothly.
Yeah, I got some months pretty boring, ups and downs, but no down-down-down-down…
And today, maybe I made 70 bets… still going down.
I really hope is not a soft problem, just a bad phase.

MINE WAS ALSO GOING DOEN BUT I MADE KNOW 2500 BETS LAST WEEKEND 600
little bit below ev but 99 points up

Yes, this weekend was a good one. The tendency of going down inverted.
Let´s wait, everything will be fine!

I am saying this below with gratitude, not any bad judgement:

The devs tweaked something in the soft… the bets are “safer” now… that´s why our weekend was better.
Maybe I am wrong, but I noticed a change in the pattern of the bets :slight_smile: Not in the results, in the odds and markets chosen.

That’s interesting…for me also a very bad downswing seems to have turned upwards this past weekend :slight_smile:

I’m not overly happy either with the last couple of days.

I’m 0.5% up on Bet365 for roughly 1500 bets and -2% on AH for almost 1500 again.

@Simon I can see you guys have a way of checking closing lines. Can you check how I’m performing?

Odds over 3.0 will cause large variance. Even if your average odds is 2.0.

No we haven’t. :slight_smile: November was weaker than October, that’s a fact, but the median ROI was still 19.5%.

We will never know the exact reason, and it might be just normal variance. One important factor is what leagues/tournaments are currently running, and how the bookmakers / individual traders perform on these events.

1 Like

Ok, my bad… probably used to good months.
Anyway, it seems a better time is upon us.

1 Like