Update: value betting on sharp bookmakers

Given the statistical significance of the results, I presume it makes sense to stay away from the negative yield bookmakers listed above, right? Just making sure I’m not misunderstanding anything.

1 Like

Hi Simon, I note your stats from the sharps are from 14 Jan. Could you please provide on update? My first (small) sample of bets have been inline with the results from that post.

@Simon would it be possible to get another update on the sharps?

Kind regards
Brad

1 Like

Will there be any update ?

Yeah, any update?

Update 2022-02-09
Yield

Sportmarket	2.14%
MatchBook	1.56% (few bets)
BetInAsia	1.35%
Smarkets	0.36% (high avg odds 3.10)
3et		    0.24%
Betfair		-0.90%
BetISN		-1.26%
Pinnacle	-3.18%

It is clear from this that comparing Pinnacle’s odds to weak bookmakers makes a profit. Pinnacle has quality reviews and has a hard time trying to beat them. Requires really accurate and better probability estimates to make that possible.

Do you also bet on isn and pinnacle per SPORTMARKET or do you exclude them because they have -ev? Greets

Any update? Have sharps been profitable lately?

If I am not wrong, there is a commission on Sportmarket for every bet on every bookmaker.

whereas BiA or Vodds is free. How is yield % different?
Also, which bookmakers do we place bets on via Sportmarket?

No, the commission is only for Betfair bets.

Been using Pro version for almost a month and it’s so hard to get those odds on sharps that you get notified. Not sure if it’s worth the cost as Betfair seems to be -EV and their odds are also almost impossible to get into.

Do you have any new update for pinnacle?

Pinnacle is around -3% yield, proving they are among, if not THE sharpest around.

Any Update @Simon ??

In the last 12 months only Smarkets is delivering positive yield. But many sharps have too few bets to draw any conclusions.

Smarkets CLV 2.3% Yield 2.78% Flat 3.03% (16k bets)

Unless something dramatic happens, Pinnacle will continue to be the sharpest bookmaker out there and is not recommended to value bet on.

2 Likes

Any Update @Simon ?

Sportmarket is good ?
I was restricted by B365 and wanted to register at Sportmarket

Is asia connect a sharp?

Hey @Simon, can you share the latest stats with the sharp bookmakers?

1 Like

Stats from previous 6 months. Only sharps with more than 6000 bets placed.

Seems some of you have found profitable strategies here, well done! :smiley:

2 Likes

Do you use all sports and types of bets? or do you have some spatial configuration for each bookie?