1000 Bet Progress

Hi Tom,

Started playing with AsianOdds through the AsianConnect account. Just wondering what country VPN you use? I’m using a VPN from Japan and its very slow.

Also, what url do you use for AsianOdds? Seems to be a few different options.

Thanks.

hi:) i really like that we have a thread here about shifting from the softs to brokers after beeing limited on the softs. thanks for sharing all ur stats tom:)
first of, i would like to say that i completly agree with nkingy2003 regarding his opinion on placing orders on an exchange with the odds that pop up here at rebelbetting. to do so is a certain way of loosing money.
nkingy2003 describes it really well himself: " My concern with betfair is that if I place a bet which is unmatched, I’m only going to get matched if the market drifts, in which case my bet DO no longer represent value. If the market moves away from me then I won’t get matched so I won’t benefit from my value increasing."

The whole idea with a valuebet is to place a bet on a price that is higher than THE CURRENT market (and hopefully beat the closingline).

tom then answers : “This can happen with any bet that the software recommends regardless of it being on an exchange or conventional bookie” this statement doesnt make sence at all. the difference is ofcourse the fact that if u make a bet when a valuebet pops up. well then u are getting a better price than THE CURRENT market.
by placing an order you just get the same price as everyone else if the order gets filled (hence no value).

i want to give alot of credit to both of u for beeing so creative and trying to find new ways to beat the market.

iv resently signed up to a sportmarket account (to access the asian bookies). the problem im having is that close to 100% of the valuebets from sportmarket that pops up here on rebelbetting, are no good. the odds/line has changed on practicly all of them before u are able to make the bet.

perhaps i will have more success if i put 3et,betisn and 188bet in the filter instead of putting sportmarket?

what do u say tom ? do you often see that the line/odds have changed before u are able to make the bet?

oskar:)

1 Like

i actually see now that singbet is not added as a default on sportmarket. you have to ask support to add it to your account. this might explain why ALOT of the valuebets were gone before i was able to place the bet.

Singbet Void bets after settlements with no reasons a lots of times. So be carefully. Thats why sportmarket doesnt have them as default.

1 Like

yea iv heard that. is that a real issue tomrrowe ?
have u had any bad experiences with them?

do u use sportmarket pivert1000 ?
are u getting alot of valuebets from rebelbetting for sportmarket?

Avoid singbets like the plague. As someone said, they will void your bets left and right.

I don’t use a VPN when I access asianodds- mine works perfectly ok without a VPN- the url I use and that works for me is: https://www.ao0188.com/

Hi Oskar,

Thanks for your reply! You’ve certainly answered a question that’s been running in my head for a while about VB’ing on the exchanges and my strategy. You’re explanation makes complete sense about how you need to find value in the CURRENT market- which is why placing nearer to the event works better. I really hope that Rebelbetting add some sort of feature that logs in the closing line of a market that will really help us understand better how often we are beating the market.

As for 3et BetISN & 188bet, I’d say that more often that not the odds are the same as what shows on VB compared to the actual odds on the 3 bookies, particularly 3et. Probably worth putting those in the filter a trialling it for few days and see how you go.

1 Like

Hey Tom, first and foremost I wanna thank you for sharing your journey, it has been really insightful. I wanted to ask you a question. I was value betting in the uk with 365, marathon,coral, ladbrokes 32 red etc etc… however eventually I got restricted on all those accounts. My question to you is whether you believe it is worthwhile valuebetting solely on exchanges and through brokers? Also does the delay when using a broker cause you to miss out on any short lived valuebetting opportunities that rebel bet produces?

1 Like

Hi atyahoo,

I believe it’s worthwhile valuebetting solely on brokers but to be careful and wary of exchanges- I’ve learnt through experience, analysing my own results & discussion on this thread and amongst the forum that VB’ing on exchanges isn’t an easy game. see @howlowcanugo 's explanation above^^

As for the delay- you’ve just got to be quick to not miss out on the prices with sharp bookies. More often than not though you will get on the price, in my experience anyway.

1 Like

@tomrrowe How did you get your asianconnect account? I’ve registered and all with vpn, but when it comes to verification, would they not reject your account if details are registered in the uk? address, bank, etc

1 Like

Since you deposit/withdraw through either bitcoin or Skrill, there’s no need for bank details so that isn’t an issue. I haven’t needed to use a VPN to use asianconnect and they didn’t reject me when I provided my UK address so that wasn’t an issue for me either. The main annoyance I found when signing up was actually depositing funds, since I hadn’t used Skrill in ages and they had some annoying limits & fees regarding transferring money in and out of your skrill account. Also, asianconnects verification process is a bit long so you want to make sure you get that out the way so you can withdraw as you please however you’re only allowed one free withdrawal per month so make em count. Their live chat support are v helpful and will happily run through any q’s you have.

3 Likes

Taken me nearly 3 months to reach another 1000 bet milestone but here we are at 5k bets!!! Reasons for the slow progress this time was a multitude of factors including me going away for a long period of time, the fact that bets on sharps started to dry up and also afraid to admit I became less motivated to place as I dove further and further into this grim downswing. However, I’m hopeful that the new VB Pro will fix these issues and can climb out of this rough patch soon.

overview

sport breakdown

market breakdown

This is actually the first period of 1000 bets where I’ve made a loss (£-1907.45 to be exact). This has been tough to tackle and like I said above it has been hard to stay motivated, this is the first major downswing I’ve experienced with RB since I started back in May. The downswing was made worse by the fact that I seeked out new VB/betting opportunities with other softwares/strategies in an attempt to make up the losses from the downswing. This was a very bad idea. Unfortunately, I didn’t implement these channels properly which in turn spread my bankroll thinner and I was actually over allocating my bankroll which caused even more damage, since then I have withdrawn funds those channels and have now allocated most of my bankroll back into RB and now back to focusing more on RB. However, this has meant my bankroll has had to be cut drastically so my growth from here is going to be much slower. I’m kinda glad this I went through this now and learnt my lesson from it, just shows the importance of bankroll management when it comes to betting.

last 1000 overview

I’ve updated my total tables as well as posted overview of the last 1000 bets, you can see on the ROI graph where my bankrolls taken a hit and stakes get a lot smaller around 4800 mark. Comparing totals with the last post it seems the £1907.45 loss has come pretty much come solely from Soccer bets in the 3way markets. Going through another dip with AsianOdds losing ~£1500 on there. Will be good to see how smarkets/betfair perform in this next 1000.

bet outcome pie chart

This downswing is nasty taken heavy losses past 2 months, currently tracking nearly 50% below where I should be based on EV. This last 1000 you can see a 6.5% difference between my EV & Yield. It’s taken a chunk out my previous months profit but that’s the way it goes- hopefully it doesn’t last too much longer all can do is sit tight and hang on in there. Hesitant to change my settings/filters at this point don’t see any real gain from doing so. Would love if Midnite & Skybet were added onto the software, think theres some real value on those sites for UK users.

Merry Xmas VB’ers, hope we all have a better 2021 and see you at 6000!!!

Tom x

2 Likes

Do you think u did something wrong? Or is the variance the explanation for the poor results in these last 2 months? I am afraid of betting with this software until I see some good results by users. Currently my bank is 29% lower. Do u think I should keep betting even though after each day I lose 6% my bank?

Merry Xmas!!!

IMHO, I think it’s probs too early to start sounding the alarm bells. From what I’ve experienced with Rebelbetting I trust the devs in what they say and the software they’ve created. I’d say you should keep at it and make sure you are updating your bankroll daily so your staking is as efficient as possible. If you’re really concerned then I’d either reduce your kelly percentage or withdraw some of your bankroll. The system has proven it’s good enough imo, so the most you can do is make sure your staking is as good as it can be and keep placing.

1 Like

Good data, indeed!

I started to do a thing these last days: stopped to bet in bookies where I was losing money. Yes, no theory behind it, just a gut feeling: “maybe there is something wrong in the value bets in some bookies”.

So, again, no proof or theory… my profit, in 5 days, returned to the level of 2 months ago.
Why? I just don´t know!
So, you guys can try too: check you stats and see what bookies are making you profit and just be in them… in my case: 365, sportingbet, smarkets and Pinnacle. I stopped Bettson, Bethard, 188, 888…

And the “logic” is none, cause 888 was my best profit ever, sportingbet was bad a lot of times…
But, I just don´t care, if my profits are increasing, I am happy.

p.s.: I am not saying the soft is doing anything wrong with value bets in these bookies, maybe is just LUCK!

RB needs to implement close odds comparison of pinnacle for example that considered the most accurate broker. This way we will know if we have real edge and how much. Maybe this downswing is from the fact that the bets have no real value for some reason. Very big downswing

2 Likes

Hi Tom,

Hope your betting journey is going well and the negative results in december have switched into positive results.

I would like to ask you what bet broker are you using? BetInAsia? if so do you use BLACK as they call it? Which bet broker would you recommend is the best?

And have you had any profits when only betting with betbroker and sharp bookies? And are you using Valuebetting pro service now?

Very interesting to follow your journey (just started mine here).

Good luck to both of us:)

1 Like

Hi Limp,

I am using Asianconnect (Or AsianOdds), this is the only available broker to me in the UK- so unfortunately, I cannot tell you which broker is the best from a UX perspective or an actual results perspective (since I’ve only used one broker to date). I’ve never used BetInAsia since it’s blocked here in the UK :frowning_face:.

You should be able to see from the data in my tables my results on sharps/exchanges from all my bets and ones from the last 1000 bets :).

Tom