Update: value betting on sharp bookmakers

Update 2023-06-22: last 6 months results, only sharps with at least 6000 bets placed.

It’s not just one person betting but many hundreds.

The large difference between CLV and yield (on BetInAsia in particular) is a bit strange, I haven’t analyzed why. Using a good Kelly strategy is one reason, but cannot explain everything.

Betting on sharps seems to be getting more profitable again, which is great. But as always, just know that it’s more difficult.

2 Likes

Can we have Pinnacle stats as well just for the comparison and to know how sharp they really are.

1 Like

Got any new updates? Thinking about how I can continue value betting after I get limited everywhere…

Any updates betting on sharp bookmakers. Below is picture of my BetInAsia bets. Left most column is the value of the bet when it is set and in the table they are realised average CLV. As you can see CLV is negative in most odds and I really don’t understand why is it so. Any suggestions how to improve?

I am surprised that you managed get so many bets put down in the first place…

Here is my summary of the bookmakers that I am currently using. CLV is just too bad with all of those.

2 Likes

Do you use any special settings for Asian Connect?

This is a good result for asianconnect and veikkaus. Couldnt you just focus on these 2 to make long term profit without the fear of getting limited?

I am using 2% min value percentage for the Asian Connect. Bet count is too low for just using asianconnect and veikkaus

2 Likes

Veikkaus I’m using 5% and it seems to produce a decent amount of value bets.

Please update the results from sharp bookmakers and betbrokers

We will make a video about the sharps results soon. Stay tuned for this!
Join our RebelBetting Youtube channel so you don’t miss out.

Any new stats regarding this @Simon?

I’m not only limited with bookies, actually thrown out at several of them as well, so very interested in starting to use sharps regularly as well.

Median flat yield on sharps, per user. (So we’re controlling for users with outlier results).

Only listing sharps with 10K+ bets placed, and positive flat yield.

MedianLow25 means 25% of users were below this flat yield.
MedianHigh25 means 25% of users were above this flat yield.

Bookmaker MedianLow25 Median MedianHigh25
SBO 1,2% 3,1% 4,4%
188Bet 2,2% 2,3% 5,3%
AsianConnect -0,2% 1,7% 3,9%
Smarkets -1,3% 1,5% 5,0%
BetInAsia -1,3% 0,6% 3,6%
Sportmarket -3,6% 0,0% 2,7%
2 Likes

Why are these outcomes so wide? Like median low is negative, median high would have been pretty positive. Can this simply be explained by variance? You would say on 10k bets it should about average out more? NO?

Also you say only the sharps with positive yield are posted. So in reality it’s way worse? So value betting at sharps with a scanner like this is a negative yielding strategy?