Think I may cancel after first month until software is worth the money!

Dont forget you can use your phone to use rebel betting and bookies too.

2 Likes

12 posts were split to a new topic: €31.000 profit since March

Thanks Paul for your comments, you can never get too much data!

Can you describe what kind of reporting would be the minimum for you to consider the service valuable?

We have a “global reports” page planned, where you can filter and get insights into all users (anonymized) results. No ETA on this as of yet. It’s not a heavily requested feature but we know the more experienced members want it.

Other stuff we’ve done to decrease the risk for new members:

• Two week free trial (not Pro, but we recommend Starter if you’re hesitant)
  • The aggregated history gives some insights into the total trends at least
  • Your Reports page is a start (and will be improved)
  • This community is full of member results
  • We have a profit guarantee

Hi Simon

I am not sure how long RB has been running, but i assume quite some time and yet none of us can see what our sweet spot is with Odds and Value unless i am missing something?
So as i have said, to get the filters as we want them, we can’t make informed decisions.

Some are talking about lack of CLV reporting, personally i don’t quite understand that enough yet to know if that would be useful.
I just find the reporting very basic for such a premium priced product.
Lots of people i hear say Basketball is not profiteable, i find it the opposite. Why do i? I have no idea what insights i could give people why mine is and theirs isnt.
What are my AVG odds, Value, Wager for basketball? No idea at all
If i had that info, it would make the reporting immediately better, others may want other info, but for me, that would be a great start.

Interestingly though, i am just about to start a post saying i have doubled my money lol and why i think it has happened.

Hope you can improve the product soon but with no timescale, it is just you saying “stick with us, we will improve it at some point” which does not really tell us anything.

Thank you

Paul

1 Like

The default settings are the sweet spot! :slight_smile:

We have analyzed millions of actual value bets to get them. But everything is a compromise, you want quantity (low min value), but also low variance (high min value). So when starting out, use the default settings!

If you find you’re drowning in value bets, increase the minimum value until you reach optimal turnover for the time you have available.

Basketball is actually very profitable (3.0%) if you look at the 1.5 million bets placed.

But for the individual member, the journey can be very different because of variance. Some end up at +5% and some are not even profitable after 1000 bets. The good news is, over time and a few thousand more bets, you will get closer to the average.

This is also called ensemble averages vs time averages and can be seen everywhere (economics, society, physics) when you’re aware of it. Will try to write an article about this when I get the time.

2 Likes

Hi Simon,
I would like to see how the parameters Time, Odds, Value and hit-rate, on the different sports, are affected by each other. Like you said in a later post the default settings are good but if you are drowning in bets you can raise the min value. However one could shorten time to match and achieve fewer bets as well. Today it is difficult to know what would be the best thing to do.
The members should be able to download their own bets as well.
Thank you.

Downloading your logged bets is is coming next week!

3 Likes

Excellent.
I have seen growth but has slowed down again which is normal i am sure but would be nice to see if there is a pattern which is not working.

Weirdly, alot say Basketball is bad for them, if it weren’t for basketball, i would be very much at a loss.
Seems no one size fits all and i assume that includes the default settings as time of day, how much time you can spend doing the bets etc etc play a big part.

My own data will tell me what works for me and not teh next person, so this should be very useful indeed

Basketball just seem to have more variance than other sports. Perhaps because of lower nr of bets. The average yield is still 2.9%.

Perhaps there is some pattern with the leagues?

1 Like

Number of bets is definitely a factor but then you have hockey/eSports, both low volume sports and performing exceptionally well. I’m still making profit on basketball it’s just usually a tad below clv on rare months though. The irregularities in the yield might just be down to the fact that it’s a volatile sport